These are places that are real in Flight Sim and either offer a challenge or just worth seeing.
- These pages are constantly being added to.
Another great list is available at simtours.net
GREAT WALL OF CHINA......
Nope! Sorry it's just not there ???
- Also you can't fly over the North or South Pole (try it, the FS world must be flat) or over 100,000 feet.
- There is a carrier off the coast near San Francisco. Go to KSFO and fly
280 degrees for about 13 miles.
No arresting gear, Good Luck.
- Annual Fly-in and Air Show, ID: KOSH
FANTASY of FLIGHT......
- ID: FA08. World's Greatest Aircraft Collection by Kermit Weeks. -
HOLE IN THE WALL Airport......
- Go to VNLK, take off and turn right for some awesome mountains.
Then come back and land, you get only one chance.
You might ask "Why put an airport here?". It's the closest one to Mount Everest.
Aerosoft has an awsome scenery addition that shows the area much like it really is. The
landing area of this airport is even smaller than the default but yes, the runway does go uphill. It has the steepest grade of any runway in the world.
Parking is only allowed for 15 minutes as there are only four spaces.
You can't find a better place to crash.
Real Life Photos of VNLK
- There are several. This is Kilauea in Hawaii.
Takeoff from Hilo Intl airport (PHTO) and fly heading 204 for 23 nm.
If you want to see it erupt then set your time to 1983.
- Go to SPTE. Follow the river north and take the left fork. Fly up the canyon as low and fast as
- Try it with a fighter jet at over 500 knots, If you are going fast enough you will black out several times.
LAND ON ICE......
- The field is NZPG and it's 10,000 feet long but watch out as your brakes will not work.
It's part if the Mcmurdo Station in Antarctica and there are two more fields nearby, NZIR and NZWD.
- In the Antarctic you will need to select "summer" to get some daylight.
- Taxi around the runways and explore the area to find some very strange things.
Easter Island - SCIP - How many statues can you find?
- CYLT is the northern most permanent settlement. The interesting feature is that the terrain moves
as you approach the airport.
If you know of an interesting place that is not listed here, please let me
know so that we can share it with others.